Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. Could I be pregnant after giving birth 8 weeks ago

Could I be pregnant after giving birth 8 weeks ago Rss

Hi

My partner and I had sex 6 weeks after I had my daughter via c-section we used protection but the condom broke. Now two weeks later I had some light spotting that lasted for two days. Could I be pregnant - has anyone else had this experience???

I saw my GP today and she said it was too early to tell if I was pregnant and asked that I see her in two weeks for a pregnancy test. She said the spotting could be the implantation bleed or it could be an ovulation bleed.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in my situation???? I wanted my children to be close together in age but not this close!!!
Yep you sure could be pregnant. I have little nieces who are 10 months apart. Gorgeous age gap and they are so close. Just try think of the positives if you are smile
Yep, you certainly could. Happened to me, was quite shocked to discover I was pregnant so soon after giving birth. Handy thing was that I had all the baby stuff I'd need! Good luck. Its nice to have them so close together

Yep, you certainly could. Happened to me, was quite shocked to discover I was pregnant so soon after giving birth. Handy thing was that I had all the baby stuff I'd need! Good luck. Its nice to have them so close together

Thanks for the reply - so did you get pregnant before your period returned??? Did you get any spotting? How did you know you were pregnant -did you show any early signs?
u could be hun sorry to say i found out i was pregnant again 2 months after giving birth to my little girl mind u at the time i already had a 4yo as well my two little ones are 11 months and 3 weeks apart from the age of 1 and two ive brought them up like twins they are close think of the posative side is all i can say i made it though so im sure u can to good luck with it all
I had the same issue. The condom broke at 8 weeks and we completely freaked out. Its a very nervous time waiting to take the test, I think I tested every 3 days.Lol. It didnt turn into any thing though. Thank god I really couldnt have handled two babies that close. I quickly went and got an IUD the best protection I could. I really admire the other women that can survive and thrive having babies that close.
Sign in to follow this topic