Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. How long did you bleed for after birth?

How long did you bleed for after birth? Lock Rss

I was just wondering how long after birth did everyone bleed for??

I am breastfeeding and its been 8 weeks and still hasnt stopped.

Thanks.
My first pregnancy seemed like it took forever to stop!! It was like 3 months for me, it was rather heavy at times aswell. My second it stopped after about 3 weeks! Both times I was breatfeeding and pretty much had the same delivery for both. With DS I did have quite a few clots pass aswell.

3 Months smile Bloody annoying
After my first pregnancy I only bled for a week and after my second pregnancy it was just under 2 weeks smile

Hope it slows down for you soon!!
First time it was about 9 weeks (although quite light for the last week or so) then second time about 7 weeks. It was MUCH heavier after DD#1 though.
6 weeks for me, then 2 weeks after that i got my period back!!! I was also breastfeeding
smile
3 weeks, also breastfed

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

11 weeks for me - fully breastfeeding too. What a pain! By that stage some of my friends had even had got AF! It was much lighter after 6w, but I definitely still needed several pads a day until about 11w. Some much for the 6w rule!
20 weeks for the first, 16 for the second. Gee, I'm just lucky I guess. If it drags on make sure you get your iron levels tested, mine were seriously low.

Oh, and I was breastfeeding as well.
4 weeks for me. Also breastfeeding smile

4 weeks and 2 weeks after that my period returned, @ 6 weeks I stopped bfing

i was lucky & it only last just over a week for me. I know a friend of mine that had her baby at the same time is still bleeding, only spotting now but its been nearly 3 months.
Sign in to follow this topic