Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. ummm is anyone elses hair falling out or is it just me :(

ummm is anyone elses hair falling out or is it just me :( Lock Rss

In my first trimester my hair fell out like crazy and i thought it was my change of diet and enviroment as we moved to brisbane and the weather there was super hot and all my stomach could seem to hold down was fruit. . . but then the hair loss went back to normal and i was soooo happy BUT now i had my son whose nearly 4months and my hairs falling out all over again as if it diddnt fall out enough as it is :'( its feeling thinner and thinner everyday i get deprest everytime i wash it and see the strands of hair going down the drain if it carrys on like this ima have no hair at all aaahh!!

has anyone else experienced this?? if so did u use anything to help with the hair loss and also how long dose this last sad did ur hair grow back?! lol
Yep this is very normal. My Dr said it's because our hair doesn't malt like it should during pregnancy so after the birth it falls out wholesale. I literally pull clumps out of my head after my pregnancy. It's one thing I dread because it's so bad, I have hair all over myself for a few months it drives me mental. And there are no products that will stop it, however you could get products to help with the oiliness though
So it's defenintley normal don't worry.

Jess 28yrs, 5yr old daughter, 8 month old son and 20 weeks pregnant.

Yep i am over a year post baby and i am still getting massive amounts of hair loss! I asked my doctor and all they could say was my fluctuations on my hormone levels.. I find its also very bad after washing your hair.. So i dont wash my hair all the time, maybe once a fort.. Otherwise i would hate to know just how bad my hair would be!! The doctor also told me the only way to help with my fluctuations in my hormone levels was to go on a contraception cause i have alot of symptoms froms my fluctuating hormone levels.. And it sucks!!!

Makes me feel better i didnt get any then.. smile

Wow, I was just about to ask this same question. I feel like I am losing hundreds of hairs a day, it is horrible. DS2 is 3 months old so I guess it isn't going to stop anytime soon sad

my hair is VERY long . . now im thinking im jus going to cut it all off specially if its common to fall out till bebes round 8months sad i just hope my hair grows back as fast as its falling out lol and my scalps not as visible to everyone else then what i can see
Anirtak wrote:
Wow, I was just about to ask this same question. I feel like I am losing hundreds of hairs a day, it is horrible. DS2 is 3 months old so I guess it isn't going to stop anytime soon sad

i feel the same way! like yesterday i went to re-tye my hair and my hair tye was covered in hair hate it
goodluck hun!
my partner loooves to make jokes bout my hair loss . . . not that funny but better laughing then getting upset i geuss smile

Cheekie_Chopz wrote:
Yep i am over a year post baby and i am still getting massive amounts of hair loss! I asked my doctor and all they could say was my fluctuations on my hormone levels.. I find its also very bad after washing your hair.. So i dont wash my hair all the time, maybe once a fort.. Otherwise i would hate to know just how bad my hair would be!! The doctor also told me the only way to help with my fluctuations in my hormone levels was to go on a contraception cause i have alot of symptoms froms my fluctuating hormone levels.. And it sucks!!!

over a year :0 i swear if mines still falling out a year later im gonna b bald! lol not nice at all suxs they dont have ne thing to help with this
going to try washing my hair less as i wash it alot
Your partner makes jokes about your hair loss... LOL mine gets up me for having it fall all over the place!! NOT LIKE I CAN HELP IT LOVE! They say around 200 odd a day is normal.. Well i am TRUELY over that!! I have short hair so i must be growing it quick cause with the amount of hair i have lost i should be damn near bald by now i swear!! Next time i visit the doc i may bring it up again depending if i dont get my normal doc. But i am not too worried about it as i dont see any visble patches of missing hair on my head that i can see..

Mine started falling out when DS was around 3 months old. I have very fine hair anyway and it looked its best when I was pregnant. So not pleased about the amount of hair being lost! I ended up getting a nice short cut that made it look fuller. DS will be 8 months soon so am anticipating that it will stop soon. On the upside, my hair seems a lot less oily as I used to have to wash it daily (pre-pregnancy) and now I can go a couple of days without washing.
Sign in to follow this topic