Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Contraception? Lock Rss

So my little girls will be here in just under 2 weeks, ive decided to put the implant back in after they are here, i was just curous how long after child birth do you get it?

obviously i wont be thinking about doing the deed for a while after they are born but i just want to be prepared for when it does happen
the rod in the arm
I believe the earliest your meant to and that's safe is 6 weeks for anything except mirena which you shouldn't let them put in before 3 months and same with the depo provera.
Waywad-703 wrote:
Not sure when you can get the rod in but I would suggest you have something to protect yourself before the 6 weeks. I was always ready to do the deed 2-3 weeks after giving birth. I also don't bleed very long. When I had my first baby I thought it would be a long time before I would even start thinking about it but I was wrong.

i got it put in when my dd was 6 weeks old i was just wondering if i could of got it sooner as i wont use anything else. but dont see me having any fun before that anyway, not with newborn twins a 3 year old and a 6 year old.
Are you able to use condoms? If so have a stash on hand just in case.
can use condoms but with bub number 3 and 4 i just want what i know works

im asking midwifes on friday when i can, and if they will hopefully let me have it put in before i leave as we dont want to be irresponsible and take any risks in the heat of the moment
Sign in to follow this topic