Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. Can I fall pregnant after giving birth 6 weeks ago?

Can I fall pregnant after giving birth 6 weeks ago? Lock Rss

Hi everyone, I gave birth to my gorgeous son 6 weeks ago and my partner and I are so inlove with our son and each other.
We waited 6 weeks to try and have sex.. Well the condom broke. I didn't really think much of it because as stupid as it sounds (now anyway) I hadn't got my period back yet so I thought I couldn't fall pregnant again. That was on Sunday night and now I'm spotting just a small amount of blood. How long did it take for everyone to get their period back? And is there any stories of anyone falling pregnant so close to just giving birth?
My fiancé and I would really love another baby probably wouldn't of tried this early at all, just looking for similar stories smile or advice.
Thank you in advance
I would say yes, especially if you're not breastfeeding (regularly). My SIL had her first two 11 months apart, so she fell pregnant when her first was only 7-8 weeks old. Good luck to you however it turns out! Keep us posted smile
My SIL's sister found out she was pregnant when her baby was 2 months old, so in short- yes, it's possible. I think her girls are only 10 months- almost 11 months apart.
Ready to be thinking about labour again? tongue

Lol, just take one day at a time and wait till you know for sure before you get too worried smile
It's possible yes, but you might not be, my bubby is 5 months I'm breastfeeding and still no period. Just weighing up your possibilities. Some mothers don't have their period for 2 years+ post labour. Wait a few weeks and do a pregnancy test.

I kind of don't want to be thinking about labour again! Lol My labour was 15 and a half hours, he got stuck and he weighed in at 9 pound 7... I need at least a year to be game enough to do it again! Haha. I stopped breast feeding after the first week. I've stopped spotting now.. So I guess I have to wait a couple of weeks to know for sure.
Thank you ladies for the replies, I will keep you all posted! smile
Yes, you can get pregnant after five to six weeks once you started get in to periods.

Week by Week Pregnancy Tips & Guides and Baby Names. | Pregnancy Calculator Online - www.mumzone.com.au

As far as I know it is very, very easy to fall pregnant soo soon after the first child. Good luck, don't stress over it too much. smile I don't know if it is a myth or truth, but I know that if you aren't breastfeeding, as far as your body knows something must have happened to the baby. So, your body would kick back into being fertile quickly to try to get pregnant and "try again." It is certainly true that women who have been pregnant get pregnant more easily the next time around.
I'm just being nosy here - do you know anything further Renee? Been wondering how it will turn out for you smile
Mummy_to_1 (expecting another!) wrote:
I'm just being nosy here - do you know anything further Renee? Been wondering how it will turn out for you smile

I just finished moving house which took forever! Well.. I'm scared to be honest..
I keep getting turned off food, caffeine and junk food (which is not normal for me) I can't stop crying or getting angry, I had a little period and I'm supposedly due again tomorrow..
Just have a "feeling" I might be giving my son a sibling earlier than expected.. I'm scared to take a pregnancy test but I'm planning to take one this week smile
Wow! Let us know how you go! I can understand that you'd want to put off taking the test and finding out for sure tongue Good luck! x
I also keep getting heartburn! Ugh! I think my body is trying to scare me lol ill let you know the outcome smile
Mummy_to_1 (expecting another!) wrote:
Wow! Let us know how you go! I can understand that you'd want to put off taking the test and finding out for sure tongue Good luck! x
Sign in to follow this topic