Hi All,
I had my first child in April. It's now been 81 days since his birth and I am STILL bleeding. It's only slight, looks like a faint period but its really bringing my mood down.

I've been to hospital twice and had an ultrasound. There was no retained products and my uterus looks "thin and long". I had a natural birth and didn't have any medication apart from nitrous oxide. No tears or episiotomy, so I don't know why I'm still bleeding.

I have been on a course of Ponstan (mefenamic acid) and that diminished the bleeding but didn't stop it completely.

I have an Implanon implant which was administered the day after my son was born. I've been told sometimes you can bleed on implanon, but as this is my first child, and I've had irregular periods all my life, I don't know whats going on.

Hospital prescribed me a 4 month course of triphasil oral contraceptive to take while on implanon to see if that works. I just want it to stop. It's affecting my body image and my intimacy with my husband.

Does anyone have any ideas or can provide reassurance on what I'm going through?

Thanks mums!