Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. How much weight did you lose at birth?

How much weight did you lose at birth? Lock Rss

Hi - just a quickie. Just wanting to know how much weight other Mum's have lost at birth? I had a caesar and at first I didn't lose anything - not a jot. It took about 4 weeks and the scales showed a loss of a pathetic 4kgs, as my daughter weighed 3kgs I didn't think this was much at all. I've heard people say they lost 14kgs immediately and I feel really cheated! Just wondering what other people's experiences are...

Jodie

Mum2Matilda 9-5-06

hi jodie,

i lost all my weight (plus another 2 kilos) by the time i left the hospital. I had only put on 7kg and Mia was 4.122kg. I think the only reason i lost it all was because i lost tonnes of blood and had a transfusion. was not a good thing as i looked guant and felt like crap. felt as if i had no energy and all i wanted to do was eat!! I think slow and steady is the best way cos thats what my sis did with her 2 bubs and she felt and looked great!!

take care, em

Em QLD Mia 23/4/06

Hey Jodie,
I had a cesarean as well, I gained 3kg during my pregnancy and lost 17kgs in my first week home, I have since put on 4 or 5 kg's and it is nearly 6 weeks past delivery.
I had gestational diabetes and a large amount of fluid retention and my daugher came out weighing 3920gms.

~*~Olivia Caitlin 12.5.2006~*~

I have been extremely lucky...... I have lost 20kgs from my pre-pregnancy weight so none of my clothes fit anymore yay.... just hoping it stays off.

Tracey

Mummy to two girls and a boy

Hi there..

I had my daughter 2 1/2 weeks ago.. I weighed about 75.1kg about a week b4 i had her...just over a week later i weighed myself n i weighed 68.5kg..

I gained about 14kg over the pregnancy. Makayla weighed 7lb 6 (3.33kg) when she was born.

Bec xox
Before I was pregnant, I weighed around 57kg. I put on a fair bit thru pregnancy. I ended up having a caesar, and after my baby was born (3.675kg) i was weighed to be 79kg! i was so shocked (but in too much pain at the time to care). After my first week at home I was back to 68kg (approx), having done nothing special, only breastfeeding. Now, 7 weeks after birth, I am 66kg. It still feels like forever away to get back to 57, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. I'm not worried with my weight though, I guess it is the body shape I am not used to...being 17 when all my friends have nice, thin, firm bodies and mine looks like that of a 40yr old. But hey, there are consequences with everything!

new_young_mum

All the weight that I had on me when I was pregnant in a few weeks and I went back to my normal weight before I fell pregnant with my daughter and I only put 12kg on during my pregnacy and I think breastfeeding help abit as well.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

All the weight that I had on me when I was pregnant went in a few weeks and I went back to my normal weight before I fell pregnant with my daughter and I only put 12kg on during my pregnacy and I think breastfeeding help abit as well.

After I had my daughter I lost all my weight from my pregnancy but I wasnt that big when I was pregnant and I only put 12kg on during my pregnancy and my daughter weighed 3.390 and I know what help me to lose to some more was when I started to breastfeed my daughter.

Hi JodeW,

I had my first baby 8 weeks ago, and am back to exactly how much i weighed pre-pregnancy.
I put on 17kgs during the pregnancy! But the first day at home (i was in hospital for 5 days), i had already lost 13kgs. I didn't try to lose the weight, the other thing i was doing was breast feeding. I don't know if there is a difference (in how much weight is lost) between a caesar and a vaginal birth, but i guess you would be more active after a vaginal birth compared to a caesar. Hang in there though, everyone is different! The weight will drop off before you know it.

When my daughter was born she weighed 3390 (7bounds and 7oz) and I put on 14kg more on while I was pregnant and before I had fallen pregnant I only weighed 55kg and than I went up to 69kg and I lose most of my baby weight but I lose abit more once I started breastfeeding and in few weeks I was back to my normal weight.

Hi,
I lost 10kg in the first few weeks (had alot of fluid) but took me another six months to shift the other five. I did a little yoga but was mostly due to b/feeding, such a godsend!

Melissa,QLD, mum to Zach 3yrs,23wks

Sign in to follow this topic