Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. sleeping breakthrough!! Yay

sleeping breakthrough!! Yay Lock Rss

Hi

My little one is now 9 and a half weeks old. For the first 8 weeks I struggle with Ella needing to be held and rocked to sleep. This also resulted in short catnap sleeps as she was relying on me or hubby to put her to sleep. 4 days ago a re-read a thread on this sight "Bad day Sleepers" and decided that I had to make a change for everybodies sanity.

I want to express a huge thanks to ' jebs mum' as I copied what she had done wih her little man and it has worked a treat. It's funny, but now I have so much time on my hands that I dont know what to do with myself!!

I had tried the "its time to sleep" technique before(brought the DVD) but always gave in, I believe you will follow through only when you are ready. It was like a lighting bulb going off!!

Persavere, and it will happen for you.

Again thanks to all the people that posted tips and ideas, I am enjoying it all so much more now.

Cheers

Melissa
congratulations mellissa! its great to hear! at this moment my little angel WONT go to sleep, but he is normally a good sleeper.
Congrats and hope it all stays well for u!

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Hi Melissa
I'm so happy to hear that your little one is sleeping! Doesn't it make our jobs a whole lot easier and more joyful? I'm so glad I was able to help. You'll probably fine with your extra time your on here a lot more often...I know I am!!! My next challenge is getting Jeb to sleep without being wrapped! Wish me luck! smile
That's great Melissa. My little boy is 3 months tomorrow and has never had a routine of any kind. At the moment he goes to sleep between 5 - 7pm and sleeps til 2.30am, feeds and sleeps til 4am. I would LOVE for him to sleep through the night. Any help you could offer would be fantastic.

Tanya, Qld, 3 mth baby

Sign in to follow this topic