Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. who else half wraps - and does it work?

who else half wraps - and does it work? Lock Rss

Hi guys,
i have started half wrapping my man at night. some nights it works, but some nights it doesnt. I dont know if he is ready or not. It gets more frustrating than anything (when he doesnt go to sleep with being half wrapped)

Id love to know any one who has started half wrapping and how they knew to start or when to start. and if it worked...
I just feel like giving up but i know when he is finally half wrapped he sleeps WELL.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

hi
i started to half wrap our daughter when she started to kick and squirm her way undone. If its cold i just make sure she has a jacket on. She always gets mittens as her hands get very cold most nights. We discovered that if shes hot no matter what shes got on she will just kick it all off. So I think it is sometimes up to them to decide what they like or want at a particular time. She is 10 weeks now and hasnt had a problem with being half wrapped at all.I hope this is of some comfort to you.
Mine only liked being half wrapped, I did it this way and they would still be wrapped in the morning up until 3 months.
Rectangular or square wrap laid out flat, lay baby on it with the wrap ending on a straight edge under armpits.
Pull the two sides across the babies body, tuck underneath if long enough.
Fold the bottom up over baby, needs to at least reach their armpits, and tuck both sides under baby as snugly as possible. This way their weight keeps it pinned underneath them, the whole length of their body.
Hope this makes sense! I was shown another way that they always wriggled out of, and worked this out myself. And when they were big enough to free themselves they went in baby sleeping bags.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, 1@5/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic