Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Sleeping through..Why?How?What?When?

Sleeping through..Why?How?What?When? Lock Rss

My 10 week old has on several occassions slept from 10pm until 5/6pm. I am wondering what enable her to do this on some days and on other wake up every 3 hours. What experiences do you guys have? What do you believe contributes to a bub sleeping through, if anything??

Thanks
Hi,
I was thinking the same thing my 9 week old slept through for the first time last night from 9pm till 6am (she normally wakes every 4 hours, like clockwork) and I was wondering if it is likely to last. My mother told me that once I started sleeping through I did it every day, so I also wanted to know what some other people found.
One thing I had heard was the more food/milk they have through the day the better they sleep at night and in the last 4 days my girl has been taking an extra 100-150ml per day. This could be a contirbuting factor....
Thanks
Min

Min, NSW, Charlotte 30/8/05

I asked this same question in "Baby - Sleep and Settling"
My 8 week old daughter has gone as long as 10.5 hours so far. She has been sleeping from 6pm to anywhere between 2-4am from about 1 week old. But she is still very unpredictable about it. Some have suggested I make her bed time later but it is hard because she only naps in the arvo (has done for the last 3 weeks or so) and can really only manage an hour or so at a time so if I try to keep her awake langer she gets overtired then it's just hell. There doesn't seem to be a pattern that I have noticed but there were a few evenings when she was more hungry (normally goes 4 hours and would be hungry after 2) and would go that bit longer.
I dunno, I can't work her out smile
I found at 10 wks it's just luck really! Mine all slept through at that age, then started waking again as they got bigger and hungrier, and slept through again when on a decent amount of solids. I don't think anything will really encourage it at the moment except a good sleeping environment, mine all love their cots so have no trouble sleeping. Take advantage of it while you can!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic