Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

help early bedtime! Lock Rss

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me i have a 3 month old son and he has seem to of made his bedtime inbetween 5-7pm at nite usally feeding between bout 4-6pm i was wondering if i should try make him stay up later or just leave him cuz he wakes up at about 2 am and then usually 4-5 hours afta that should i just let him go and see if he goes longer by himself as he gets older or try make it later ??? please help so confused!

Lauren , Qld , mummy to baby jack 27/7/05 gasp)

Hi Lauren,
You could try dream feeding him at around 10 or 11 at night, or before you go to bed, to see if that hold him till morning.
If you're not sure what I mean by dreamfeeding its just feeding them while they are still asleep. They just need to be alert enough to suck with eyes still closed, no nappy change or anything, then you can just usually lay them straight down afterwards without burping. They will usually take less than a full feed, its just a top up.
I do it if my DD us due to wake up at 12 or 1, to help her sleep a bit longer. Even if she only takes 20-30 mls it will usually carry her through a full 4 hours or more.

Min

Min, NSW, Charlotte 30/8/05

Hi,
My son Josh is nearly 4 months, he was going down for the night between 6 and 7 but waking at 1-2am for a feed, then back down till5-6am. I tried changing his routine and it worked wonders. I now let him nap between 6and 7, I then get him up for a bath and play, then he has his bottle at about 8.30pm, he is in bed at 9 and sleeps till 6am. You can only try and see what works best for you, that's all I did and was lucky it worked. Goodluck.Sandy.

Steven 30/6/94, Joshua 3/8/05,Zac 7/12/06

Sign in to follow this topic