Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. was sleeping thru, now stopped?

was sleeping thru, now stopped? Lock Rss

hey all
My son dylan is 11 weeks, at about 9 weeks he straed to sleep thru, 7-3, then 8-4, then 8-5. This was a sleep thru for me. But now he has strted waking at 12:30, 2:30, 5:30 and 6:30. hes not hungry and only eats at the 2:30/3 wakeing, i fed him at 2:30 last night and at 5:30 he refused ( noraly 3 hours after a breats efeed hed want it) and at 6:30 i had to basically force him to drink. Hes quite happy siitting next to me and yetserday hedid a big poo ( ionce every 4 days) so i thought he would sleep better?? do u think its tye dummy? i just put it in and he goes to sleep, but he usually spits it out before goin to sleep and sometimes wont even take it...
any ideas?? any tips?

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

My son was sleeping through from around 6 weeks then all of a sudden he wouldn't sleep through anymore. This stayed like that no matter how much I tried for him to sleep through. He does now sleep through and has done since he was 7 months.

I guess they outgrow that stage.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Hi Ya,
Have no idea about the sleeping throught thing coz Kobe is still feeding every three hours, however have you tried stuff called infants friend? its all natural and relives wind ,colic, hepls if they are unsettled and it also can keep them regular. Maybe you could give it ago ( it's only about $6).
If the problem is his tummy that is.
Kobe is exactley the same with the dummy. Maybe try not to use the dummy at all, unless you really need it.

Rachael, Kobe 21/8/2005

Hi ashtonsmum
Jeb didn't start waking through the night like Dylan but he did start waking up earlier and earlier around the same age. What does he sleep in? Jeb was in a cradle and as soon as I put him in a cot he started sleeping longer. Also Dylan may be going through a growth spurt so maybe try feeding a bit more often during the day (ie bring each feed forward 5-10 minutes each time, you may find you have to add an extra feed in before bed or longer feed). What does Dylan sleep in and under? Because it's pretty warm here I started dressing Jeb a bit lighter but it still gets a bit cool in the wee small hours of the morning. Bubs don't move around as much a us in bed so don't stay as warm. I put Jeb back in a wonder suit at night time at his last feed and this has also helped. I tried other clothes but ever time I do he wakes up early. Jeb was very reliant on the dummy too but I made a point of every now and then not giving it to him (unless he got really upset) and only letting him have it at sleep times now he hardly has it at all and spits it out usually before he goes to sleep. Anyway hope I have helped a little. Good luck smile
Hi

have u thought maybe it might be teeth. They can get teeth this early. I have friends whose babies cut there first tooth at 12 weeks. My son was a brilliant sleeper from about 3 1/2 months till 6 1/2 months - TEETH started cutting and it all went out the window.
I have tried Infants friend and Brauer with my 11 week old. Nothing helped her with wind or colic. The pediatrician said I will just have to wait for her to grow out of it. She is getting better.

Is Dylan dribbling or chewing his hand?

Sonia

Sonia, NSW, Kieran 25/7/02, Holly 13/10/05

Sign in to follow this topic