Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Why am I a dummy? Lock Rss

My 3 month old daughter will not take a dummy! I have tried every one I can find on the market to no avail. My older daughter took to one with no problem at all. I find that I become the dummy at night which posses a problem as my daughter also suffers from colic and tends to over indulge making her colic problem worse. Has any one any suggestins on how I can get her to take a dummy?

Hope, SA, 3girls Jasmine , Millicent & Phoebe

Your not alone my first son took the dummy straight away no problems at all and yet my second son will not have a bar of a dummy and like you too i have bought every dummy on the market.
I would also love to hear from others if they have any suggestions cos like you im out of ideas !!
Hi

From experience there is nothing you can do. If she wont take it - she just WONT. My first born never took a dummy - would just spit it out. I tried and tried. But at the age of 2, when all my friends were battling to get rid of the dummy, I did not have a problem. My son had a WORMIE instead. He still has it and still sleeps with it (he is 3 1/2 now). It was a soft toy caterpillar that became his security blanket (he did not sleep with it till he was older though) and he called it Wormie. He used to take it everywhere but now (it is so worn and grotty - even after a wash) he just sleeps with it. Some kids just dont want the dummy. I have a 12 week old who is neither here nor there - I give her the dummy and she sucks on it - if she loses it she sucks her hand. Dummys are great - but not when your child is really reliant on one as a baby - you are forever being woken or disturbed to put the dummy back in.
Or you go out and forget it and cant get them to sleep.

With the colic too - my daughter does not have colic but has trouble with wind. She will not suck on a dummy if she needs to do a burp. Maybe once the colic eases she will take it.

Sonia

Sonia, NSW, Kieran 25/7/02, Holly 13/10/05

Sign in to follow this topic