Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Newborn Sleep and Settling

Newborn Sleep and Settling Rss

"How long does your baby sleep?" and "how do you get them to sleep?" are some of the biggest questions mothers face with their babies. To help solve the mystery we've launched our new "<a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/y... Baby’s Sleep</a>" section on the Huggies website. You will find it under the Parenting drop down menu and it is definitely worth a look.

In addition we have our resident Baby Sleep Expert available to answer your questions in our new <a href="http://huggies.kcaforums.com/ShowForum.aspx?For... our Sleep Expert a Question</a> forum that you can find in The General Baby Topics forum right here on Huggies Parents Exchange.

We hope you find this a great resource.

Regards

The Huggies Team

"How long does your baby sleep?" and "how do you get them to sleep?" are some of the biggest questions mothers face with their babies. To help solve the mystery we've launched our new "<a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/y... Baby’s Sleep</a>" section on the Huggies website. You will find it under the Parenting drop down menu and it is definitely worth a look.

In addition we have our resident Baby Sleep Expert available to answer your questions in our new <a href="http://huggies.kcaforums.com/ShowForum.aspx?For... our Sleep Expert a Question</a> forum that you can find in The General Baby Topics forum right here on Huggies Parents Exchange.

Regards

The Huggies Team

Regards

The Huggies Team
Hi... having issues with my 14 day old son who prefers to sleep beside us in the bed rather than bassinett. He will go down in bassinett but only for no more than 3 hours a night. After that we try over and over to put him down in bassinett but he spends hours grisling. I hear in the first 6 weeks its a matter of getting them to sleep however you can. So do we let him sleep with us and in his rocker more than forcing the issue of in his bassinett at this stage ?? We have elevated the bassinett and even roll up bunny rugs so he is slightly on his side which tends to work better at least for a few hours. I do try to settle him in bassinett by putting my hand on his upper body and rocking the bassinett when he stirs to the point of nearly crying.

thanks
Riss.
I received this Zumba Fitness DVD 2 weeks ago and I have been doing it religiously every single day! It’s a great Zumba Fitness DVD and I sweat so much more than I do at the gym. I find myself really pushing myself with these workouts. For reference, I am really fit, about 5'4" 119lbs and I put this DVD in and the opening music gets me ready to workout. In a word, it really helps me a lot. I hope you can enjoy it, too. http://www.dvdsuperdeal.com/zumba-fitness-dvd-boxset.html
My 10 day old doesn't like to settle. We put him in bed awake and usually he wakes within 40 mins or so. At night it is worse and he just wont settle and we end up putting him in our bed just so we can get some sleep. Do we just let him cry or get him up. He thinks he is hungry but I know he has only just had a full feeding earlier. He has also been suffering from some reflux which we have got something from the chemist for.

What should we do???

Regards

The Huggies Team

My 10 day old doesn't like to settle. We put him in bed awake and usually he wakes within 40 mins or so. At night it is worse and he just wont settle and we end up putting him in our bed just so we can get some sleep. Do we just let him cry or get him up. He thinks he is hungry but I know he has only just had a full feeding earlier. He has also been suffering from some reflux which we have got something from the chemist for.

What should we do???

buy a dummy??

Hi... having issues with my 14 day old son who prefers to sleep beside us in the bed rather than bassinett. He will go down in bassinett but only for no more than 3 hours a night. After that we try over and over to put him down in bassinett but he spends hours grisling. I hear in the first 6 weeks its a matter of getting them to sleep however you can. So do we let him sleep with us and in his rocker more than forcing the issue of in his bassinett at this stage ?? We have elevated the bassinett and even roll up bunny rugs so he is slightly on his side which tends to work better at least for a few hours. I do try to settle him in bassinett by putting my hand on his upper body and rocking the bassinett when he stirs to the point of nearly crying.

thanks
Riss.

I had that problem too. I ended up putting her in with me and my partner. That was for the first 2 3 weeks? About 4 5 weeks i started putting her in her cot and persisted with it and shes in there now!

Good luck! But give it time. Your son will eventually go in there/ or the cot!

What should we do???

try this:
1st, drink 3-4 cups of Camomile Tea throughout the day - so ie late morning, early and late arvo and before bed (your bed time).

Feed around 6pm, offer both breasts, burp in between (if possible), then bath. Offer both breasts again, to fill to the brim, wrap (swaddled) really tight - hands down. If a burp doesnt rise or a fart doesnt drop within 3 minutes, put to bed, and the key here is to warm their beds up - use a wheat bag so its cozy when bubs goes down.
First time ever this worked and we could have our dinner together without getting up to comfort/burp.

its now day/night 3 and its still working smile

good luck

I had that problem too. I ended up putting her in with me and my partner. That was for the first 2 3 weeks? About 4 5 weeks i started putting her in her cot and persisted with it and shes in there now!

Good luck! But give it time. Your son will eventually go in there/ or the cot!

With my first son, I did what ever I could to get him to sleep and it nearly took me 4 years to get him out of our bed and into his ownand to sleep a full night. We ended up going to tresillan with him and finally after 4 years me and my husband got to sleep in our bed on our own and we got a full night sleep.
I have recently had a baby girl who is 10 weeks old and I was determined to not make the same mistakes again.

I had my daughter in the bassinett in her room when she was 3 days old. This helps because the baby can feel your stress and every movement she made I would wake up which unsettled her (but I understand its not for everyone). I wrap my daughter and I would recommened to every wrap there baby. At 4 weeks old, I started doing the control crying technique and it has done wonders for her. I put her down awake and wrapped and with in 10 minutes she is asleep.
If you need help on settling techniques Tresillian has a hotline you can call and talk to them about it. You can also go for day visits to there clinic and if its really bad you can stay for a week(which is what I did, you need to get the referral from your doctor to go to the clinic)the number is 1800637357.
Good luck
i was having trouble at first but then i started holding my daughter, and slowly started rocking back and forth, i looked her in the eyes, started to close my eyes making her think i was going to sleep too...
Sign in to follow this topic