Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

COT SCREAMS Lock Rss

HI GUYS

FOR THE PAST THREE DAYS MANILY ARVO I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PUT MY GUY DOWN FOR HIS SLEEP BUT EVERY TIME I TRY TO PUT HIM IN THE COT OR LAY HIM ON HIS SIDE HE SCREAMS THE PLACE DOWN. AND SO I PICK HIM UP AND TRY TO SETTLE HIM IN MY ARMS AND HE SCREAMS. IT SEEMS HE DOSEN'T WANT TO LY ON HIS SIDE ANY MORE BUT HE WON'T FALL ASLEEP ON HIS BACK .\

CAN ANY ONE HELP

LAST NIGHT HE JUST LOST CONTROLL AND SCREAMED FOR AT LEAST 1/2 HR I COULDN'T CALM HIM DOWN WOULD THIDS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH TEETHING AS WELL

TA k

kirsten vic

Hi,
you poor thing...my first son was like that, wouldn't settle unless I held him...and then I noticed that he was clinging to my satin dressing gown, not me.. so I cut a small piece of satin from an old cami and he cuddled it happily and went to sleep...my youngest on the other hand hated to sleep on his back also so I would lay him on his tummy,making sure his nose is clear and he's breathing comfortable...some times it just takes a gentle tap or rub on the back...and when he's settled you could try to gently move him to his side or back...if your worried about laying him on his tummy...

You could also try a nice warm bath before you try to put him down....
Also if your breast feeding try placing one of your used breast pads under the sheet of his cot near where his head would be so he can still smell you and will think your still there...the most part of a baby not settling is that they feel your not there and the stress and get upset and obviously the only way they can let you know their worried is by crying...
As for teething..that would depend on how old he is...my baby boy is almost 5 mths and he has been teething for the past two weeks and it still hasn't broken through...I just give him a lil' panadol and his favourite peanut butter or vegemite on his dummy and with in no time he's snozzin...
I hope this helps...if you just need some one to chat with please feel free to email me ...catamad@optusnet.com.au good luck smile

Tam

Sign in to follow this topic