Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

7 week old wont sleep Lock Rss

She falkls asleep in arms or bouncer but as soon as i put her down she wakes after 10 min i try rocking bassinette i try everything before iu give in and pick her up then i start the process again i have put her down that many times today ive lost count and she is not getting hardly and solid sleep HELP
My daughter has just been thru a stage of this, I just had to keep trying to put her down, pick her up, put her down, pick her u. Eventually she got the idea and accepted it. It was hard work but paid off in the end.
Do you wrap her to go to sleep? My dd wouldn't sleep for more than 10to 15 minutes when i put her down when she was that age. I was so tired one night i put her in her cot with no blankets or that and she stayed asleep. Since then she has slept well and we only cover her after she has been asleep for half hour or so and never wrap her like we were told to, cos she hated it

Do you wrap her to go to sleep? My dd wouldn't sleep for more than 10to 15 minutes when i put her down when she was that age. I was so tired one night i put her in her cot with no blankets or that and she stayed asleep. Since then she has slept well and we only cover her after she has been asleep for half hour or so and never wrap her like we were told to, cos she hated it

i do wrap her i will try your way tonight as its going to be hot today the good thing is that she sleeps well at night and so she should because by the end of the day she is so tierd she passes out around 10:30 and sleeps till 6
will she sleep if you go for a walk in the pram ? or baby sling? i would wrap because hen babies are over tired their arms and legs fling out.

we rock pretty much for three months to keep baby asleep.
I had the same problem with my girl but only for 2 weeks. There are a couple of things you can try, I am no expert but it worked for me! The first thing is to wrap your baby firm but not tight. The second thing is to make the room dark and put a radio in her room. Babies like white noise such as a vacum, washing machine, dryer ect. Set the radio in between a channel just to static and turn it up a bit. Put your baby into bed awake but obviously sleepy, then leave. She is waking up because she is falling asleep with you, but when she wakes you are gone. Just imagine if you fell asleep one place and woke somewhere different, it would freak you out to. All babies even adults wake in the night (even though we may not be aware of it) but we are able to put ourself back to sleep. Babies can do this to but only if they are in the same enviroment. Putting a baby to bed when they fall asleep on the bottle/breast is a sure way to get them to wake later, I know it seems weird but give it a try. It worked for me she went from 4 hours a night to 8 in 2 weeks.

Everybaby is different but give it a try, it suprised me when my girl fell asleep by herself GOOD LUCK.

Sign in to follow this topic