Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Still wrapping bub Lock Rss

I still wrap my bub he's almost 7mths. He doesn't roll over yet. I've tried leaving both arms out but he gets very het up but if wrapped he's go ta sleep really well. Do you have any tips on weaning him out of wrap and into sleeping bag? What age didyou wrap till? And is it safe at a later age? Share tips and experiences.
I was still wrapping my DD1 when she was about 4 or 5 months old, and my maternal health nurse told me to stop as it could hinder her development. I did it gradually though - started with just one arm out for a week, then 2nd arm out for a week, wrapped from her waist down for a week, then all off after that. Also, instead of a sleep bag, he might prefer one of those sleep suits with the legs in as they are a closer fit?
I wrapped my son until he was 7 months old even though he was sitting up and rolling over well before 5 months. He just preferred it. He was obviously more comfortable and went to sleep better. When I stopped, I tried doing just one arm but in the end, just transferred to a sleeping bag and he was fine with it. His development is great!
I still wrap my daughter who is now 2 years 7 months. I wrapped my eldest until she was 2 1/2 when she decided she didn't want it anymore. I tried to get my eldest out of the wrap a few times when she was a baby but it ended up in absolutely no sleep for anyone. I ended up concluding that it is a security thing for my girls and who am I to take that away from them? I checked with SIDS and they said it was fine. The concensus seems to be if they are strong enough to roll over they are strong enough to lift their head to breathe.
Hi there,
I have to agree with Jaazz, i use the "wrap me up" as well my son is nearly 10 months old. He loved to be wraped and when i tried to get him out of it he just screamed to be wraped again. I got mine from bubs baby shop, but i have also seen them in mothercare. I put a warmer sleeping bag over the top to keep him warm now its winter smile

Hi there,
I have to agree with Jaazz, i use the "wrap me up" as well my son is nearly 10 months old. He loved to be wraped and when i tried to get him out of it he just screamed to be wraped again. I got mine from bubs baby shop, but i have also seen them in mothercare. I put a warmer sleeping bag over the top to keep him warm now its winter smile

My bub is 10mths old now and I use a 'wrap me up' with her. I have tried to get her to sleep without it but shes crys to be wrapped up at well. She absolutely loves it. She has been rolling for ages, sitting up, and now standing up everywhere, but she still loves her wrap smile
I wrapped my DD until she was about 10 months. Her development wasn't hindered at all!! I figured that it would probably get in the way of her development if she didn't sleep as well. I stopped when we moved her from a hammock to a cot. By then she was rolling and wanted to sleep on her tummy so she didn't want to be wrapped any more. She is almost 2 and a half, but last week she wanted to be wrapped up in her blanket and insisted on being put to bed that way - I guess she was feeling a bit unsettled about becoming a big sister. I don't think there is any harm in wrapping them if that is what makes them feel secure.
Sign in to follow this topic