Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Growth spurts Rss

Hi Guys,
Just cant figure out these growth spurts, James is only 11weeks old and from what I can tell he has been through 3, at 4 weeks, at 7weeks and one just now.The best way I can decribe it is he is wanting to breastfeed every 2-3hours for about a 48hour period and screams alot like he is in pain. Just when I think I cant take it anymore he sleeps more than usual like he is making up for lost time(bliss).Are growth spurts another term for being unsettled?or can he just have gone through his a little early?.Apparently the 12week growth spurt is a shocker, I wonder if im in for another couple of bad days next week or if this is it for a while? Any other babies like him?

Mum of James & Georgia,NSW

Hi Jo

Sounds like James is going through a growth spurt to me. They say bubs go through them at 3 weeks, 6 weeks and 3 months, but I am guessing they can be at any time really. Ryan has been through his at at 1.5 weeks, 4 weeks, 7 weeks and 9 weeks so far.

Ryan increases his feeds up to about 12 feeds a day for a couple of days when going through a growth spurt. He is also very grizzly and then after the two days of what seems like constant feeding he has one or two days of constant sleeping.

If you think James is going through one now I don't think you are guaranteed he will go through one next week, seems as though we get a few weeks grace between each growth spurt thank goodness.

Hope the feeding frenzy and unsettledness finishes soon for you

Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Sign in to follow this topic