Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

DAY TIME/ NIGHT TIME Lock Rss

After any advice from other Mums on how to adjust newborn with their daytime and night time routine?
Good luck it can be hard to reset the baby clock.

When you put them down to sleep during the day leave the blinds and curtains open so they sleep in a light room. At night make it dark. Make sure they are fed at least every 4 hours during the day but at night let them sleep for as long as they will sleep for. Say last feed about 10pm. This is what I did and what the hospital recommended. It worked well for us.

Good luck.

Agree with the above post! That was the advise we got from the midwife and it worked took a bit of time for them to really adjust but they figure it out smile
Good luck!

me+hub+3 wrote:
Good luck it can be hard to reset the baby clock.

When you put them down to sleep during the day leave the blinds and curtains open so they sleep in a light room. At night make it dark. Make sure they are fed at least every 4 hours during the day but at night let them sleep for as long as they will sleep for. Say last feed about 10pm. This is what I did and what the hospital recommended. It worked well for us.

Good luck.

+ 1 smile
We didn't do this as baby was fast asleep in the day and I didn't think it was fair to wake him up as he was in such a deep sleep. This was not what I should have been doing and ended up with him wanting to feed half the night as he hadn't had much in the day.
We are due with number 2 in 4 weeks and will be following the advice above smile

I woke my son every 3 hours durning the day, make sure it is light during the day and dark at night (don't turn on any lights when feeding them at night) also don't talk to them during the night when they wake up. Make it fun when they are awake during the day and boring when they are awake at night!
Thanks so much ladies...

I really appreciate all of your advice. DD is only 2 weeks old but I wanted to start a good routine now.
Last night I bathed at 9 fed at 10 and she slept until 2:30 then again a 6, I cant complain with that. I do have trouble getting her to resettle after a feed as she gets quiet bad wind and it takes me roughly twenty min to get her wind out and she stops wriggling...

It takes some quiet getting used to the nights and days.
Sign in to follow this topic