Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Getting rid of the "dream feed" feed?

Getting rid of the "dream feed" feed? Lock Rss

My little girl is 8 weeks old and I'm currently feeding her at 6 or 7pm and then the dream feed at 10pm and she'll sleep through till 6 or 7am. How do I get rid of the dream feed or is it still to early to do so?

Christine - Olivia 8/04/06 & Christian 26/04/07

It probably too early to get rid of the dream feed at this point, what you can do tho, is start to bring the feed closer to her previous feed, in prep to drop it. Try 15min earlier for a week, then another 15min etc. We're currently doing it with DS to get him to sleep longer through the night.

Don't forget that it's important for your supply as well as for her to get the nutrition at this age.

Good luck with your DD! smile
Hi Christine

I have Tizzie Halls book and she says that once your baby has been on solids for 8 weeks and is sleeping through every night, its then that you give up the dream feed.

To do this, she says to push the dreamfeed half an hour earlier for 5 nights, keep doing this untlil they are sleeping through.

I think Olivia is still very young to give up the dream feed.

Although, I did it for 4 nights and I decided that I hated it. I felt like I was force feeding Jordan. If he wanted to be fed, he would wake up for it. If its working for you, then thats fantastic.

Hope this has helped!

Jessica

I have an awesome book called, Becoming Baby Wise. They say that the 10pm feed normally can be cut out between 12-15 weeks of age. As someone else posted they recommend you bring the feed forward 1/2 an hour and then again before cutting it out completely. Once your little girl is hard to wake or is not feeding as much at that time you should take that as a cue.
Sign in to follow this topic