Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Tizzie hall's newborn routine?

Tizzie hall's newborn routine? Lock Rss

Hey,
just wondering if anyone has used the routine that is in this months practical parenting by tizzie hall - or any newborn routine for that matter. We introduced a routine at three month (when our bad habits came back to haunt us) with our 2 year old when she was three months and it made an amazing difference to us (all three of us). But we now have a three week old and would like to fget hime ona bit more of a routine as hubby works afternoon shift sometimes and evenings are going to be busy with a newborn and 2 year old when he goes back to work.
if you did does it change after the four week mark?? did it work??? It seems reasonable to me just wondering what others thought.
Bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

Hi, I have almost three year old twin boys, and a 12 week old baby girl. I haven't tried Tizzie Hall's routine, but I have found with Prue, my baby, that having her bath pretty much the same time everynight is helping her sleep through the night.
I remeber with my twins we never had any routine, we just followed them until they were 4 or 5 months. But with Prue, I started bathing her in the big bath (getting in myself) just before my sons bath, then while my husband baths the boys I look after her. This way she is going to bed at pretty much the same time everynight, regardless of what happens through the day, and has been since about 7-8 weeks. I find the bath afater her last feed, then a little top up (breast-fed) then bed at 7:30 or 8pm is getting her through until 7am most nights, occasionally 6am, and then the days flow pretty much the same as well. She is also a reflux baby on medication, but easier to settle than her brothers who also had reflux.

Hope this helps. I read Tizzie's routine, but at this stage I decided not to go waking her up to fit routines when things are working pretty weel, even though she feeds two hourly through the day!!!!

Nicole, western NSW, twins + baby, all under 3

Sign in to follow this topic