Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Night Sleep Rss

Hi jacmad,
Shall give it a go next month when he turns four months old. I think I'll give him the farax (one teaspoon) at lunchtime after his feed and progress from their (I'm just going to follow the leaflets I've got).
My son feeds around 6 - 8 times within a 24hour period. I have noticed that at night when I only give him one feed (I restrict him to one feed after he's had approx5/6 hours sleep first) he tends not to want both sides even though I do offer it I just haven't really timed him. Mind you he puts on 200g a week! Not sure if that's too much from what I've heard it's a healthy amount for him to be putting on.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

My baby is 9 weeks old and has been sleeping at least 7-9 hours a night. I basically breastfeed him as much as he wants during the day and keep him very active after his afternoon nap until about 7pm, when he knows its time to wind down. We then bath and massage and then give hime a bottle of formula before putting to bed. I then express out that feed. The formula seemed to do the trick for me as, as soon as I started giving him that for his last feed he started sleeping through. I also know exactly how much he has gotten before I put him down as you never can tell how much is left at night when u breastfeed.

When I was getting up to him in the middle of the night we didn't muck around. I layed down with him to feed and if he pulled himself off I would put him back to bed.

I don't know about Farax but maybe it's worthwhile trying a late formula feed first b4 trying solids..

Hope it helps...
cheers
Hi, I think you are all lucky. My baby Emma is 2 and a half months and sleeps like clockwork - wakes up every two hours for a feed. She won't take a bottle. I have tried holding her off until she is REALLY hungry. I have tried keeping her up until she is REALLY tired. Nothing works and I have been getting up 4-5 times a night to feed her since she was born. (Yes, I feed her lying down at night so she isn't too roused, and I have also tried getting up properly to feed her to make sure she has long feeds.) You could set your clock to her 2-hour long sleeps.

Kelleigh, NZ, 2mth baby girl

Hi Kelleigh,
There is hope. Don't let it get you down too much. My son was exactly like that but as of yesterday he has slept through the night 2 nights in a row and boy am I over the moon about that. I do hear him fuss a little, but no crying, and he just goes back to slept. Also, last night I tried him again on the bottle (breastmilk) but this time I used the avent variable teat and he actually drank 25mls!!!! Not much but a start. I gave him the bottle first and then I finished his feed by brest feeding him. I never thought I'd see the day. Mind you I was told to persist with using a slow flowing teat until he got used to the bottle but last night we used the fast flow and bingo it worked. He still prefers the breast but at least there's hope that at least sometimes I can let someone else feed him. By the way, he is now 16weeks.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Help me - I don't know if I'm doing the right thing.

I have an 11 week old boy who I can't work out his sleep routine at nighttime. During the day he's excellent, feeds/plays/sleeps (although sometimes it seems he sleeps more in the day than plays). He goes to sleep with basically no problems whatsoever but come nighttime, the later I feed him, the more times he wakes through the night. He is still feeding 3-4 hourly during the day. At night if I feed him at 7.30 or earlier, he sleeps until 2, 2.30. If I feed him at 9.30/10, he wakes up at 1.30 and then wakes up every half hour after that. I've tried a couple of nights by doing the roll over feed but he woke after three hours and then every hour after that, so I haven't done that again.

The last two nights I've fed him around 8.45, he wakes up at 1.30, I put the dummy back in and he goes until 2.30 so I get up and feed him. But then at 4.00 he's screaming, I get up to put the dummy in and he settles straight away, but then at 4.30, 5, 5.30 he's screaming, I put the dummy back in and he goes to sleep. His nappy is fine and he doesn't have wind. This morning I fed him at 5.45 and then he slept until 8.30.

Am I doing the right thing by putting the dummy back into his mouth to try to stretch out the time? He has managed a 7 hour sleep but only once so it seems 5 hours is his limit. It just seems I'm up and down all night by putting his dummy in.

He's a really happy boy and is stacking on the weight but has anyone got any tips for me???
Sign in to follow this topic