Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

how do i settle him? Lock Rss

Hey i was just wondering if anyone could help me my son is 5 days old and up till today he has been an angel hardly crying at all but today he had a 7:30am feed and since then he has been really unsettled he will go to sleep in my arms then i'll put him in his cot he wil sleep for bout 10 mins then wake up screming so i go get him and he keeps doing it and i dunno if i should just put him in the cot and let him cry cuz his so young i just dunno how to settle him i know his tired but he wont sleep!!sad any help??? and if i had a bath with him how long should we stay in the bath?? and wots best bath then feed or feed then bath???

Lauren , Qld , mummy to baby jack 27/7/05 gasp)

Hey how you doing?
I can hardly remember back that far except that with BOTH kids the early days are so fuzzy I just fumbled through like most mums. The only thing I'm sure of (with my kids anyway) is that bath then feed work better, because they're already warm & comfy from bath then a feed would just send them off to la la land.
It's not uncommon for them to carry on like that when so young, some of them get unsettled going from the hospital to the home environment. Often the first few days they are little angels then all the baby complaints can start to kick in, like colic, wind, overtired, etc etc etc etc it's an ongoing guessing game. Try not to let it get to you, remember it does eventually get easier. The first few weeks with both my kids was spent with dh & I taking turns sleeping on the couch, often propped up with baby on chest as that was the only way they would sleep.
In the next few weeks the fog will start to lift and you'll find yourself getting better at judging what the problem is and what baby needs so hang in there!
All the best
x

Dizie, 2 girls, 2002 & 2003

i found that bubby becomes unsettles because of excess wond pain or just becus he misses his mummy - has he been wrapped up properly - and he probably take your warmth aswell, try adding another blanket and lay him on his side with a blanky on either side of him - make sure to snuggle him in there _ make sure not to put them near his head though smile it worked for me so...
Sign in to follow this topic