Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Chronic Leakage!!! Breast pad suggestions please!

Chronic Leakage!!! Breast pad suggestions please! Rss

Hi there,
My little one is one month old and feeding like a champion. The only problem is I am leaking like crazy! Everyday I have to change my top at least once as the breast pads I use don't seem to be able to cope. I have tried both wool and hemp washable breast pads but they are not cutting it. Johnson and Johnson Disposable Nursing Pads are margainally better but still are not 100% reliable. They also expensive and I would prefer to use reuseable pads. Anyone with any suggestions on good breast pads and where I might find them? Thanks so much and Happy Xmas!!

you sound like me in the first couple of months. milk overload,lol.

i use washable pads too but i find i still have to were a couple at a time to stop the leaking trough.

also when im at home i just pop a cloth nappy down my bra which seems to absorb quite a bit.
if you do that though just remember its there if your going out.lol. doent look to pretty.
[Edited on 20/12/2007]
I use the Pidgeon brand and found them to work better...

Also, have you tried/heardof the booby bib? Its a singlet top with inbuilt pad section. Not attractive,but I found it a welcome relief to not wear a bra and pads at least at night time!

www.boobybib.com.au (from memory!)
I used the Rite Aid brand breast pads. They are pretty much the same as Pigeon, but you get about 60 in a box for about $8 from Big W. I found them really good, though i didn't leak all the much, I know people who have/had heaps of milk and they find them great too!

Alex 03, Lauren 05, Matt 07, Cora 09

I use the rite aid ones with a cloth washable one inside that or else they make my nipples itchy from the moisture due to plastic lining. But they are good as they are so big.

I also have 2 boobybibs and they are great for at night, I got mastitis from sleeping in a bra so won't be doing that again.

DS 22 months DD 9 Oct 07

Thanks so much for those tips. I am finding it worse in the hot weather!
I hope you all have a great Xmas and New Year with your families!
smile

http://www.lilypadz.com/index1.html

These reusable breast pad design seal off the end of your nipples so you don't leak at all.

I found them fantastic with my eldest. Haven't used them yet with DD#2 as I have misplaced them moving house LOL Darn pregnancy brain put them in a safe spot and my non-pregnant brain can't find them

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

Sign in to follow this topic