Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Bottles and teats? Lock Rss

hi everyone. We are just about to buy some more bottles and teats. I am just wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with different brands? Or are the all much the same. We have a problem mainly with colic so any help in trying to reduce this would be fantastic.
Yup I can comment on this! I stocked up on AVENT before bub was born. I wasn't happy with them. Even with the newborn teat she was dribbling/losing a lot of her feed down her chin. (This wasn't just her, I saw another mum at the hospital when we went to our peads appt, and she had a towel under her sons chin, catching the dribble flow!) Apart from that, my bub got a lot of wind caught from using them. She'd burp it up but it often took a lot of time, and was very forced (big burps that seemed to hurt her) coming up. So no, don't recommend those.

I heard about these Dr Brown's Natural Flow bottles made in the USA. I had difficulty finding them as most sites wouldn't ship them outside of the States... but here's where I ordered them finally -

http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/hnd475-4.html

I got a 12pack of 240ml bottles with newborn teats 0-3mth, and 12 teats for 3-6mths and 6-9mths, and it cost $120 including shipping all up. Sounds expensive, but if you look in the shops here, Avent bottles are $9 per bottle anyway. So I don't think it's that expensive.

Best of all? My bub isn't dribbling anymore, and is SO much more comfy. Her wind comes up almost effortlessly - sometimes I only have to sit her straight, no patting/rubbing etc and she lets it out. I know I probably sound like an ad for this company or something, but honestly, they've made the world of difference. My friend's pregnant at the moment, and we're buying her these bottles - even if she breastfeeds, it's good to have bottles for EBM.

So yes, if your bub has colic/wind, I'd definitely recommend these. :oD Hope it helps!

mady, single mum2muffin, 16/08/05 Syd,Ryde,NSW

Hi,
I have been using Avent bottles and teats with My 8 week old since birth with no problems, only the problems caused by operator error on my part. Not pulling the teat full through, leading to my baby getting a milk shower or not screwing the teat on straight leading to the kitchen getting a shower when I shook the bottle.

I only find that their is teat leakage around my girls mouth when she is being a bit lazy with her sucking, I find taking the teat out and re- engaging ( as many times as I need to) sorts out the problem.

I have used the newborn size 1, number 2 and the vari flow teats and if I could go back I would have just bought the vari flow (number 1, 2 and 3 on the one teat) as that is all we use now.

My girl has reflux so reduced wind is important she usually has one or two big burps a few minutes after finishing and rarely has wind pain between feeds. But I guess that depends on the baby more than anything.

Good Luck bottle hunting.
Min

Min, NSW, Charlotte 30/8/05

Just thought I'd add a suggestion. I bought all my bottles on ebay. I got an assortment of small and big ones. It worked out that I got $150.00 worth of bottles for $15.00. (All Nuk brand ones in really great condition).

As long as your not against second hand stuff it's perfect. I did however buy brand new teats and thoroughly washed and sterilised everything.

I'm just about to have my second baby and still have all the bottles I got on ebay ready to go.

Bri

Mum to (Olivia 3 Feb 2004) & (Emily 26 Jan 2006)

hi there i HIGHLY recomend the pigon bottles and teets (periotic nipple)not sure of the spelling.they should get ride of all the other 1s and only have that.kimba..

KIMBA,VIC,BABYS ALEAH 22/12/03, REANNON 06/10/05.

Sign in to follow this topic