Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Feeling on breast feeding Lock Rss

Hey
I am currently breastfeeding my 9 week old bub with the occasional bottle of formula. I am finding i am going through patches where i just want to breast feed exclusively and times when i dont enjoy it at all and i turn to more and more bottles during the night and day. Iam returning to work in 3 weeks and i know i can breastfeed her there throughout the day but it would be easier to just give her formula then i feel guilty caus ei know there is no reason for me to need to use formula when i can duck out and feed her breastmilk for ten minturs then go back to work!!! I am really torn between what to do can anyone help with some similar feelings or ideas should i just exclusivly breast feed her???
hi sara
I am the same. Sometimes i love breastfeeding Dylan, but other times, i HATE it and i just want him off and to give him a bottle. Its nothing he does its just the way I ma feeling. Then i think about giving up and i cant bear it. Its so confusing. IWth Ashton i couldnt give it up. I held on to one feed till I was forced to give up cause i couldnt feed for three days and my boobs almost dried up. I am hoping to push to 3 months but I also find bottle srae easier, but then i think about warming them up all the time, so for now I am goin to do what makes me feel happiest at the time, ifits a bottle every now and then or for a whole day then so beit. Its not hurting dylan and if i'm happy, bub is happy and the other way around...
Dont ever feel guilty about not breast feeding.. as long as bubs and mum are happy u r doing the right thing... ask any mum in here..

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Don't feel guilty, i had a lots of problems with my first and ended up dreading it, and stopped at 8 weeks. I had twins next and was determined to breastfeed them, but by the time i had them i just wanted to have my body back, and they were so demanding, it was hard to have the motivation when they wanted to feed every 1.5 hours. They were fully fed for 2wks, and were weaned over the next two. Don't know what i'll do with the next one, all depends on how i feel at the time. Also makes it much easier to make the decision when i have three healthy bottlefed girls, and can't tell the difference between them and breast babies!
In the end it's all up to you and what you want to do, but if you can't decide keep breastfeeding, you can always swap to bottle but it's very difficult to build your milk back up. As i found out!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

I too have had times when I just don't want to breastfeed anymore (I gained alot of weight in pregnancy and really want to go on a strict diet now) but I am still breastfeeding and my bub is almost 9 months old and somedays I think well I am doing what I think is right which is breastfeeding (for me anyway) but everyone is an individual.

One thing you could try when you think you just cannot go on with breastfeeding anymore is to write a list as to why you wanted to breastfeed to begin with and see if you still want to stand your ground with what you previously thought.

You are not a bad mother at all if you formula feed your baby, their is no point being really stressed about breastfeeding and it affecting bub though either.

If you do want alot more support on breastfeeding though contact your local Aust Breastfeeding Assoc and they have people their that will really help.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Sign in to follow this topic