Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. bottle once a day & breastfeeding

bottle once a day & breastfeeding Lock Rss

Hi all

About 5 days ago after reading everyones posts about what brand of formula seem's to work best I decided I would give my daughter one bottle a day to give me a break from breast feeding and to get her used to drinking from a bottle.

I decided to try NAN Gold but sadly after 5 day's I am going to stick with breast feeding as I think it's causing her pain. I didn't think that it could possibly do that as it's only one bottle per day at night time but it's the only thing I can think of.

She wakes up for her 6am feed and about 8am she's awake crying and won't go back to sleep, pulling up her legs and pushing her head back. She seems to be in a lot of pain. Today was the last straw for me!!!!!!!!!! She has been so unsettled all day crying all day (a pain cry), I've given her panadol and finally she went to sleep at 7pm tonight. I did not give her a bottle tonight. I breast fed her. It's a shame cos I'm having a baby shower on Sunday and I was really hoping my mum would give her a bottle for me but it's not worth seeing her go through that pain!!!

Has anyone else had the same experience when only feeding one bottle per day??

hi,
perhaps a different formula would work? or try expressing enough for one bottle a day? that also may help. I find once u ave enough for one bottle, wehen u give her that bottle u cold express afetr it and u should have enough for a dif bottle. It beats the purpose of a break but it does get her use to a bottle. And it could also have been the bottle. The teat may have not had the right flow and she may be getting really bad wind. try brown sugar and water or giving her a few drops of infants friend before the bottle may help alos.

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

A good remedy for wind is Infacol you can buy it for next to nothing over the counter at the chemist. It is pretty much infants friend but I found it to work a bit better for my son.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Sign in to follow this topic