Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Our Big Baby Lock Rss

Hi,
Our baby boy Harvey was born 5 weeks ago and was 4.76kgs (10.7pds) - natural (never again!).
He's such a good boy but needs to be fed all the time! He's taking 150ml to 200ml every 2 to 2 1/2 hours and if I don't feed him he screams until he gets it. I was breastfeeding and supplementing with bottle but it was getting too much so i've just given up breastfeeding sad
The nurse said to distract him with something else so that he doesn't want more food... I've tried toys, singing, patting, jiggling, walking, driving and just about everything but all he wants is food!
Anyways, he continues to gain weight, he weighs 6.7kgs now and i'm starting to get worried. Has anyone been in the same situation? I know he's only 5 weeks old, should I just feed him and not worry?

Baby Harvey

Hi Nicole,

This is only my opinion,
but we had a big baby too thought not as big as yours! smile

ditto the natural birth! never again! smile

we did feed him as much as he wanted, but did stretch the feeds out over 4 hours,
if I had my time again I would probably do it over three hours, (easier to sort a night time routine then too)

but if he's drinking it and not bringing milk back up then I would probably go with what we he wants/needs,

Cheers
Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Have you tried using a dummy just to get him to streatch out longer? that way he can use the sucking motion but not get anything. Or maybe some water in a bottle?
Sorry im not much more help
Kath

Kathryn - Zack-4, Toby-2 & Molly 1

Sign in to follow this topic