Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Breastfeeding Biscult Recipe

Breastfeeding Biscult Recipe Lock Rss

Hi Ladies

I'm 38weeks pregnant with Bub#2 and just doing some research on having great breastmilk supply. With DS1 my supply was very low and my milk didnt come in til day5. In the end he ended up with bad reflux anyway and had to go on thickened formula as he would throw my milk up whilst still attached and wasnt putting on any weight by 6weeks.

This time i would really like to give it my best shot. Just wondering if anyone had tried the breadfeeding biscult recipe and how they found it? Also are there any foods/vegetables/vitamins I can take to help with increase supply.

This time around I have found i have started leaking from 35weeks quiet a bit in the evenings, which i never did with DS1, do you think this would be a sign my milk supply may be better this time?

Thanks in advance for any advice smile
Hi, I had the exact same problem as you describe with 1st bub hoping that with this one due in late December I may have more success in feeding too! From what i have been researching Oats are really great for increasing milk supply. Heres a link to a recipe a friend used and swears by i will be giving it a go too.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/breastfeeding/breastmilk-supply-increase-breastmilk-lactation-cookie-recipe

Lactation Cookies Recipe

1 cup butter or margarine
1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (can be found at any local health food store)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
1 cup or more chocolate chips/sultanas/almonds/macadamia nuts (whatever takes your fancy)
2-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast (be generous)

IMPORTANT! Do not substitute the brewers yeast… that’s the ingredient which makes them work.

If you don’t notice much of an increase the first time or if you need to increase your supply even more, add more brewers yeast.
Variation Ideas

Other variations can be made by adding these combinations:

Coconut and banana
Choc chip and cranberry
Dried apricot and white chocolate
Apple cinnamon: 1 tsp cinnamon instead of vanilla, 1/2 cup chopped dried apple and 1/2 cup sultanas.

Preparation time is around 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180C.

1) Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes.

2) Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.

3) Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended.

4) Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips.

5) Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips.

6) Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment. Because the dough is a little crumbly, it might be easier if you use a scoop.

Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies. Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies.

Other things i have heard of are plenty of H20, fennel tea and fenugreek tables
All the best on you journey smile
I was seeing an acupuncturist for the last few wks of my preg and she gave me a list of things for milk supply, I know I put it somewhere but can't remember lol. Some of the things were dark leafy green veggies, meat slow cooked on the bone because u get all the nutrients from the marrow and herbal teas- chamomile and fennel in particular. Also I expressed for the first few weeks if my daughter had had enough so I wouldn't get mastitis.I think the extra stimulation may help a good steady milk flow, other then that plenty of water and rest when you can. If I find that list I'll post you the remaining things smile good luck with everything, must be getting excited now!
Thanks so much ladies smile

Will give all those ideas a try! Only 2weeks left now hehe
Sign in to follow this topic