Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Help! Sore hard breast even after feeding

Help! Sore hard breast even after feeding Lock Rss

mastitis is a blocked milk duct that has become infected and you will need antibiotics. i think maybe it's best to get it checked out.

do you have a temperature?

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

Dont keep feeding bub on the side that is full and hurts make sure you keep feeding on both sides but after the feed and it is still very full express the littlest bit untill it feels a little bit better. The more you feed and the more you express the more it will fill up. Heat packs are good and showers. I was told to hand express in the shower just a little it to make it feel a bit better but I had a pump so I just used that. Hope they feel better soon
Sorry haylee bear not trying to be awful or anything but from what I understand it is best to have the breast completely drained as much as possible with mastitis. The supply issue has to come secondary and is sorted out once the mastitis is. Very important to get on top of mastitis quickly if that's what it is.

Low number of probiotics strain such as Lactobacillus gasseri and Lactobacillus salivarius can be the reason of mastitis. There are probiotics rich food diet and supplements available for breadtfeeding mommy smile Hope you get well soon ..
Sign in to follow this topic