Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

thirst Rss

I'm similar and constantly drinking water. My partner thought I must have diabetes! It comes and goes now but I've had times when I feel like I just can't quench my thirst. I've always got a bottle of water with me when out and by the bed at night. I'm not sure how much I drink, maybe 2-3 litres plus tea/coffee
Yep I used to forget during the day and then be so thirsty at night

I will often get really thirsty while actually breast feeding so I have a bottle of water with me when I sit down to feed DS. Do you like milk? I love drinking lite milk and find it quenches my thirst. I am also a Pepsi Max drinker and my intake has crept up a lot over the last couple of weeks, so I decided I need to start cutting it right back tomorrow. I'm quite depressed at the thought sad lol
Yep hun, it's a normal response to the hormones associated with breastfeeding. I am also suffering the unquenchable thirst, I'll often down 500ml + every time I express. It was worst in the first 3 or so weeks but is starting to settle down now. All you can really do is listen to your bodies needs!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Yeah, I'm drinking more water now then ever before. Hoping i stay this thirsty during winter though, when it gets cooler, as I struggle with milk supply and I really notice the days I don't drink as much. I drink about 2.5L water a day at the moment...

Another weird question, I get really sweaty when I breastfeed, I noticed it with DD too, sometimes it's so bad I'm dripping liquid out my armpits! It just happens really randomly, like I won't even be really hot, just talking to someone when I notice something drip down my arm. And I get itchy armpits occasionally with letdown!

Bf does weird things to me tongue

Kittkatt wrote:
ok good, im glad im not the only one, i was a bit worried about diabetes, so feel relieved to know its normal.

Nay7 wrote:
I will often get really thirsty while actually breast feeding so I have a bottle of water with me when I sit down to feed DS. Do you like milk? I love drinking lite milk and find it quenches my thirst. I am also a Pepsi Max drinker and my intake has crept up a lot over the last couple of weeks, so I decided I need to start cutting it right back tomorrow. I'm quite depressed at the thought sad lol

not really a big milk drinker, but ill give it a go if it will help with the thirst quenching. Im happy to drink heaps of water, just wanted to make sure it was normal.

Yes pepsi max is naughty lol, when pregnant i only wanted real coke, and havegone back to my max now, but im trying keep it down, though honestly i think i could drink a whole 2 litre bottles these days, i never do of course but i want too lol.. water it is!!!

Little Miss - bub is 3 weeks old today. Im losing weight, which is awesome, and i have noticed that because I am drinking so much water Im not as hungry. So thats a bonus - not over eating smile

Thanks Skubala - hows the expressing going for u? Do you get much milk now?How is Mr Thomas?

I'm managing to express somewhere around 900-1000ml a day at the moment. Has been a bit of an effort to build up a supply in his absence and with the stress of everything but I got there in the end. He's doing well but we've got some challenges ahead of us. I wrote a blog last night

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

I get hot and sweaty when holding and feeding DS, but the weird thing is that when I get wet dripping down my arm, I'm usually quite comfortable and not at all hot and sweaty... Oh well, will live I guess, it's coming up to winter so maybe it will stop as the weather cools!

Sign in to follow this topic