Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. How long shall I breast feed by baby

How long shall I breast feed by baby Rss

Hi everyone, I am writing this post on behave of my friend, she recently become a mother, and is exclusively breastfeeding her son. she wanted to know that what is the idea age until she can breastfeed him. most of the people and doctors around her are advising her to feed him for 6 months and then start adding solids and put him on formula milk. she wants to raise her kid in more traditional ways and wants to keep him away from formula milk. your suggestions and bits of advice are highly appreciated.
Hey there. I hope that you're doing good. Okay so stopping breastfeeding is called weaning. It is up to you and your baby to decide when the time is right. The world health organization recommends that all babies be exclusively breastfed for 6 months. Sometimes it needs to be stopped earlier than planned. It is normal for a mother to feel sad when she weans. A mother may feel that she has no choice but to wean. Weaning ages vary widely. Ranging from one month to 7 years, 4 months. The average age for weaning is 2.5 years. So it's completely your friend's choice. So best of luck to your friend for this. Take care of yourself. Much love.
Sign in to follow this topic