Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

tongue tie Lock Rss

Hi,
Has anyone had their babys tongue tie snipped? We have been told our son has a slight tongue tie. He is having problems attaching without a shield and we are considering getting his tie snipped.
Thanks Marnie.

/Marnie

Hi,
We had our son's tongue tie snipped when he was two weeks. We were having real trouble with feeding, but once it was done we have improved tremendously. He was more bothered by having the doctor's fingers in his mouth than the actual snip. From my experience I would definately recommend it.

My son was born with a severe tongue tie. He ended up being bottle feed.

None of the nurses at the hospital picked it up. I had huge troubles feeding. I started with a sheild, but he just wasn't getting enough, then went to bottle (formula) and he was so much happier.

It wasn't until we went to the paediatric surgeon for groin hernia that it was picked up. He snipped it, at 6 weeks and we had a much happier baby.

He didn't have any trouble with having it snipped.

Good Luck,

Kylie.

mum of two

hi marnie i had my daughters tounge snipped when she was 11 weeks old it has helped tremendously and she wasfine after it was done she feed straight away and ddint seem to have any discomfort that night.

Jacki (NSW), Caitlyn Grace born 3/4/2006

Sign in to follow this topic