Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Karicare formula some advice please.....

Karicare formula some advice please..... Lock Rss

Need some help with formula feeding for my 5 wk old boy. When he was born the hospital gave him Karicare Sensicare which he seemed settled with the only problem was everytime he did a bowl movement it would be green and very runny. I mentioned this to a midwife at the weekly clinic visit and she suggested I try Karicare Gold Formula. He has been on it for about 3 weeks now and seems to be having lots of wind and has terrible tummy aches with it. I just wanted to know if anyone else using Sensicare experienced the same problems with there babies having green bowl movements as I am thinking of going back to Sensicare.

Ryan 3 and Jaiden 16months....

I have only used Karicare gold so I have no advice on the sensicare. It might be worth getting your little boy checked by your GP just to rule out lactose intolerance as both green runny poos and tummy pains can be a sign of this. It is very simple to test, they just take a poo sample and send it away for testing.
Good luck I hope your little boy is more settled soon
Because their little tummies are so senstive...perhaps sensicare is the way to go.
You could also get some infacol drops from your pharmacy and try adding that to bubs bottle. I found this helped with Joel-As he was Bottle fed from 3wks....
Congratulations it sounds like you are doing a great job. Hang in there it gets so much better:)))

2 more sleeps

Sign in to follow this topic