Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. How often do you go and see the Child Care Nurse?

How often do you go and see the Child Care Nurse? Lock Rss

I am just wondering how often I should be seeing the Nurse- My little one is 4.5 weeks and has only seen a Dr and the Nurse once since we left the hospital

do people go more often?
thank you
Hi,
After my DS was born I visited the CHN (child health nurse) for the first time at 2wks.
Being my first bub I often need reassurance that we are heading in the right direction! Now we go approx every 2 or 3 wks for a quick weigh visit for my own peace of mind. Our local Community Health centre does quick weigh days twice a week where without an appointment you turn up & see the next available nurse who weighs/measures bub & answers any general questions I may have.

DS March 06 & DS July 2008 & Due Feb 2010

Hi Amaya,

I'm not sure where you live, but in Melbourne we have scheduled visits to the MCHN at 2, 4, 8 weeks. Then 4, 6, 8 months.

You can also pop in whenever you like to weigh your bubs.

Kylie.

mum of two

Hi Amaya

i use to see a nurse for the first 6 weeks but now only go and visit my GP when ever her vacinations are due and this is where her weighing and check up is done.... she is now 12 weeks

its whatever puts your mind at ease...
Sign in to follow this topic