Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Lactose Intolerant???? Lock Rss

please help me!!! My son is 4 1/2 weeks old and for the past 3 weeks he has been on formula. I heard that s26 gold was a good start and the closest to breastmilk but found him to be really unsettled after each feed. putting it down to really bad colic i have tried brauer colic relief which didnt help at all!!! I then tried infants friend which sort of helped but didnt if you know what i mean?? I tried changing formula last week to karicare gold and found that didnt work either. today i went to my local chemist and asked the pharmacist if she could recommend anything and she said my son maybe lactose intolerant and suggested i try him on karicare de-lact. my sons symptoms are:
really unsettled after feeding, crying, stiffening his body, kicking his legs and punching his fists into mid air. he poos every 24hrs, a thick/runny green poo and farts like ALL the time, i mean ALL the time!!!!! I am unfamiliar with lactose intolerant as it dosent run in either mine or my hubbys family? what do you think?

first_time_mum 09/05/2006

I think it is defenatly worth a visit to your GP to discuss your concerns. To test for lactose intolerance they just get you to collect a poo sample and send it off for testing. The other thing it might be reflux, even if your bub is not throwing up it could be silent reflux.
Good luck I hope you get things sorted soon
Sign in to follow this topic