Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Breast feeding & weight loss

Breast feeding & weight loss Rss

Hi my daughter is now 10 weeks and I was under the assumption breast feeding really helps you to lose all your baby weight, however I've not yet seen any signs of this????
I thought the same thing, my son was born 11 weeks ago and i am yet to see any results!! I think i might be putting on weight!! due to all the sitting I have to do whilist feeding? Does anyone have any suggestions for some quick exercises i can do while breastfeeding??

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi dais

Yeah it's really frustrating now that the warmer weather is here, I have a wardrobe full of lovely clothes but I can't get into any of them. I've been eating really well and what with the breastfeeding I thought I'd easily be back to my original weight but I still have 5kg to lose and I can't seem to shift it. Oh well looks like I'll have to step up my situps to 50 per night instead of 25 smile
Hi there.
My daughter is now 6 1/2 months, breastfed and I am only just beginning to feel like I'm getting back to my old self. I read somewhere that although breastfeeding helps you to lose weight it becomes more noticable in the second six months. This is definetly the case for me. Mind you, I still have about 2-3 kgs to go before I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight - if I ever get there! It takes a long time to put it on, I guess it's going to take a long time to come off as well. Good luck with it!
I had a caesarian on Wed, out of hospital on Sat and shopping on Sun and just about every day after. I dropped the weight pretty fast.
I put on approx 13kgs during pregnancy and now I am only 2kgs more than pre-pregnancy.
Whether my good luck is breast-feeding or walking, walking and more walking I dont know, but it has worked for me.
Hi,
I had my baby one week ago and already have lost all my pregnancy weight and only have a little belly which is nearly gone.
Maybe i am just lucky, but i think it also has something to do with your metabolism as well as breastfeeding. I generally have a really fast metabolism so i think that helped me to lose the weight (i had only put on 11kgs during my pregnancy though)

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Sign in to follow this topic