Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How much weight gain???? Rss

Hi Everyone,

I have a 4 week old and was wondering what a good weight gain was! I weigh bubs every week to check how shes going and up until this week she was putting on 200 grams per week. This week she has starting only waking once a night for feeds and her weight gain was only 120 grams. I'm wondering if I should be waking her through the night so shes feeding more therefore gaining more. Any advice and imformation would be great. THANKS....

Melissa. QLD. Matthew 13/11/03 Amy 29/04/05

The percent that your bub was born at should be what they stick to eg if your bub was born being at the 66th percentile they should stay at the 66th percentile

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

both my children when born were at the 90th percentile but by the time they were 3 months old they were at the 50th percentile and havent moved since. my CYH nurse said this is very common and that their weight gain had been satisfactory. they say that a gain of 150-250 gms a week is a healthy weight gain range. however she also told me that their weight gain week to week can fluctuate. i wouldnt worry just weigh he next week and youll proribly find that she has put on more wieht than what she did the week before.
if your baby is not waking up during the night as much that proribly means she isnt hungry and is getting enough during the day. i hope this reassures you!!

Cheryl,SA,Danika born 24.10.03 Matthew born 5.3.05

Sign in to follow this topic