Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Big Babies and keeping them fed

Big Babies and keeping them fed Lock Rss

Hi,
My first baby (now 2) was a greast feeder froom the start. She put herself on and off the breast and only took 20 min to feed inc nappy change. 2 weeks ago I gave birth to a boy who weighed in at a healthy 9 pound 10oz. To say I was shocked with the difference in feeding is an understatement. He feeds when he wakes and then wants a top up before he goes down I feel like I feed him for almost an hour and a half at a time which is ok while hubby is off work but in 2 weeks he goes back and I just cant see that I will be able to keep breastfeeding him and take care of my 2 yr old too. My clinic sister even observed it this at 1 week (thank heavens for her being so understanding and supportive) and reasssured me I wasnt reading his signs wrong and he was hungry I have done evrything to increase supply but still a hungry bub.
Has anyone had this problem?? hes having a comp feed already.
Bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

Hi Bec
I was going to say try comp feeding but maybe on a thicker formula. I can understand your prob with your 2 yr old. You cant be sitting there for 1 & 1/2 hrs feeding. My son(now 4) was so bad that I put him on NAN and he still had 10 bottles per day but I switched him to SMA (used to be for hungry babies but not now) and he dropped to 6 and started sleeping through.
Hope this is of some help.
Mel
[email protected]

Melissa,Bathurst,3yr old and 1yr old

hi bec
i am a mum to four babies all breast fed min 9 mths,dont be quick to give up ,my youngest boy aged 2 now began life needing to feed every hour on the hour and did so until three months after this he settled down with more time between feeds he breast feed until he was almost 15 months,try not to supp feed,if needed give boiled water it will quench thirst,also have baby checked for silent reflux babies feed constantlu for other reason rhan hunger.
good luck

haski
Sign in to follow this topic