Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

6 week old HUNGRY Lock Rss

I have a 6 week old baby girl who just wants to eat all the time, she's on karicare sensicare HA-AR due to bringing up alot of her food. i feed her 150ml every 3 1/2 4 hours I had to do this due to rapid weight gain, she weighs 11 pound 1 ounce and this was 4 days ago so i had to make a feeding schedule so she won't get a belly ache. She's settled a bit now but after her feed sometimes she just wants more and nuzzles me ALOT!! and sometimes she goes to sleep after a feed only to wake up an hour later wanting more! I just can't seem to settle her unless i hand her over to her dad, i realise she can smell my milk because i still breast feed but does this mean i have to wait for my milk to dry up before she'll calm down? Has anyone else had this?
hi my name is jess,have you tried given her some other kind of formula like s-26.My daughter has been on that since she was 4 days old and it is the best,but its totally up to you.My mates baby is the same age as yours and has the same problem. i know its bad and others might disagree but try her on some farax but make it extra runny thats what my mate did and now her baby is as happy as anything Maybe that might fill her stomach up alittle or like i said try changing formulas

ME 30, DH 32, DD 10 , DD 4 and baby due 24th May 2015

Hi, is it possible that she is tired? A baby's tired signs can easily be confused for hunger. She shouldn't be having any more formula per day than is recommended on the can. If you have put her on a feeding schedule and she is drinking 150mls per feed then she shouldn't be hungry. I wouldn't recommend putting her on Farex or any other baby food yet. Her digestive system is too young to cope with it. Have you tried a dummy? I had to give a dummy to my second from the day he was born. I would feed him and as soon as I had finished a feed he would go straight back to nuzzling me, as if he was looking for more food. Some babies use sucking as a comfort so perhaps a dummy might help. If she has just had a feed then you aren't using a dummy to replace her food, or even to extend time between feeds. You would only be using it to settle her. If you are worried about her becoming too attached to the dummy you can wean her off the dummy at about 4 or 5 months without any difficulties. At this age they don't seem to miss it too much.

Good luck, and let me know how you go.

Sign in to follow this topic