Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

baby shampoo Rss

Can anyone recommend a good baby shampoo and why do u like it?

i have always used johnsons shampoo, its what most people gave me in baby hampers etc, and i have never had a problem with it.
i love the smell, and it doesnt hurt dds eyes.

3 Little Ones to Love.....

I can recommend a brand called Gaia baby shampoo, which is an organic range and all natural ingredients. It has stopped my sons cradle cap from coming back, and also smells great, plus doesn't have any harsh ingredients. It is now available in Coles supermarkets and is about $10 a bottle, but lasts for ages..you only need a little bit. It is great for sensitive scalps....I catually bought it for myself first as I have a very sensitive scalp and wanted something natural during pregnancy. It has a very calming aromatherapy smell.

Kerrie
Im a fan of the Gaia stuff too. It smells so good and everyone always comments on how nice DD smells after she's had a bath.

It also works really well when they get older and they get food stuck in their hair (as my DD does).

Karen, DS1 31/8/03, DD 12/3/07, DS2 16/12/09

thanks for the advice gals, much appreciated

johnsons shampoo, my little man is 6 weeks and i noticed he had cradle cap on his head, so i started using it and it was wonderful, smells good, only have to use a little bit of it and the no more tears formula works perfectly.

<a href=

I've been told that any shampoo or baby soap actually dries up babys skin. So now I just use water and to my amazment dry skin went away. Babys don't sweat or get dirty like toddles so as long as you can avoid using soaps or shampoos its much better for baby.
My daughter is 9 weeks old now and i was always told by midwives at the hospital that i dont need to use shampoo. I do use johnsons top 2 toe. I just put 2 squirts in the bath when i'm running it. Mum thought it was a bit strange that i didnt use soap or shampoo but it seems to work well for us so thats all i use.

Posted by: gollygosh
I've been told that any shampoo or baby soap actually dries up babys skin. So now I just use water and to my amazment dry skin went away. Babys don't sweat or get dirty like toddles so as long as you can avoid using soaps or shampoos its much better for baby.

this is god in theory however (and not having a go) i have had babies with masses of hair and when they lay down they tend to spew and roll there face and hair in it so a shampoo is needed.
i used one only made specialy for the local pharmacy, but ive been thinking of trying that gaia for this bub.
For bub I use a dry skin body wash called Hamilton's dry skin treatment as my youngest has excema.

For my toddlers i use the same shampoo we use, which is Organics hair wash...its tears free and not too expensive and i dont have half a dozen different bottles in the shower for different ppl.
Posted by: gollygosh

Well my baby sweats and she is 12wks old and if i didn't wash her hair she would smell sweaty, so just a lil bit of shampoo gets rid of that smell. I'm not having a dig at u i'm just saying mine does.

mum to Maddison born 29.09.07 - 3 angel babies (1

We got given a gaia body oack for xmas. No wonder you all like it! It smells divine! i dont think i want to use it on the kids...i want to use it on myself lol!
Sign in to follow this topic