Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

YAAAAYYYY SHE ROLLED TODAY! Lock Rss

Hi all

Today my daughter rolled for the first time! She is 3 months and 3 days old.

My friend asked me on the phone today if I have been doing "tummy time" and I said not as much as I should because she seems to get annoyed on her belly for too long, but knowing the importance of it, I tried again today to put her on her belly.... and to my surprise she started ROLLING...! I thought it may have been a sheer accident, so I put her back on her belly and she rolled again! 5 times she did it.

I was so excited, it's great to see your baby learn or do something different.

Can anyone else share an experience with me, regarding the first time their baby did something like roll, crawl etc... and does anyone know what age they should be doing all these types of things???

I'd love to hear from you

Hi
It's absolutely amazing when bubs start doing stuff hey?!!!! My little man has been rolling from belly to back since 9 weeks old. I too thought it make have been a accident but he just keeps doing it, not all the time but he's trying. He's also trying very hard to roll from back to tummy. A lays on his mat and rocks himself side to side when on his back. He is quite a big boy so has been ahead in his development so far compared with what the books say. A book I have called 'Kid Wrangling' by Kaz Cooke said that bubs normally start rolling over around the 4 to 5 month mark. So it looks like both our bubs are ahead of their time! Don't want them to grow up to quick but.
The day he started laughing has been the best time for me so far. I just can't get enough of his cute little laugh and the fact that he can be sitting in a room by himself and just start giggling over nothing that I can tell of!!!!! It makes interacting with him so much fun. It makes me smile no-matter how bad the day has been! smile
My little man is a few days shy of 10 weeks and today I gave him some tummy time and he rolled over, I thought it must have been an accident but when I put him back on his tummy he did it two more times! I was so excited but he wasn't too sure about it I think he frightened himself! Let's see if he does it again tomorrow!!!!

Bianca, vic, David 9/8/05, Alexandra 6/5/96

Sign in to follow this topic