Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

baby sunscreen Lock Rss

is there any newborn baby sunsrceen products out there that are safe to use. i have only been able to find toddler sunsrceen??

bailey8805

I've tried the hamilton toddler sensitive as the pharmicist said it was one of the best, I've used it on my baby when he was 6 weeks and he hasn't seemed to have any problems.

Bianca, vic, David 9/8/05, Alexandra 6/5/96

Hi, the reason why you won't find any baby sunscreen is that you're not supposed to use it for infants under 6 months (that's what my doc advised). However if you've found a brand that works for you and your bub doesn't have any adverse reaction, then I would suppose it's fine to use.

I've also bought a pair of baby banz for my bub (10 weeks) however cannot seem to get him to wear them. He hates having them on and thrashes his head from side to side in an attempt to get them off. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him accustomed to wearing them?
Hi Missa,

The reason that you wont find any newborn sunscreens is because newborns shouldn't be exposed to direct sunlight if it can be helped. If the makers of sunscreens put on the product that it was Ok for newborns, it may appear that they are endorsing exposing newborns to the sun.
If your bub has no reaction to a baby sunscreen then it should be fine to use it, just try to keep bubs out of the sun if you can. (which I'm sure you are doing anyway smile )
Any sensitive one, i've found spray ons are the best, and mine have worn it from very young, try keeping them out of the sun 24-7 in cairns, the sun is so intense they'd burn in minutes without it.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic