Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

shes wants attention Lock Rss

my little one wakes up between 6am or 7am for a feed and after she wants to play and look around. from birth she was always alert and watches everthing. I cant get her to sleep only at lunch time around noon, she will sleep for 2 hours and wake up around 2 pm and again for a next feed then again she wants to play and won't sleep till 8 pm or 9 pm like clock work. Is that ok for babies to be up so long?

She won't sleep on her own i have to rock her to sleep, walk the floor or pat her on her back for her to sleep, is that a bad thing?

i'm finding it really hard for a first time mum!
Hi again
That's the time my bub has his first feed of the day. When I started Jeb on a routine at 6 weeks the base of it was - feed, change nappy, play/cuddles/play gym anything to keep him occupied so from the start of his feed until his next sleep he was up for about 1 and a quarter to 1 and a half hours then put down for a sleep which went for about 2 hours. The better Jeb slept through the day the better he slept at night. You have to teach bubs everything from feeding to sleeping and everything in between.
I also found it hard being a first time mum with very little experience and not many people to call on. I felt very alone and was wondering when the "mummy" was going to kick in so I would feel like I knew something. Some people are lucky and their bubs are naturally good sleepers etc but most I have found need some guidance.
How many and hours between feeds is she doing at the moment?
Sign in to follow this topic