Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Duplex Ureter Lock Rss

Hi,
my son was just diagnosed with Duplex Ureter( two tubes that run from you kidney to your bladder).

Has anyone experenced this with their bub?
So far we have no idea what is going to happen at the next app with the doc.
Will he need an operation? is he going to be OK?

Very scared mum here!

Rachael, Kobe 21/8/2005

Hi kobe's mum,

I know exactly what you are talking about!!! I have bilateral duplex kidneys with one side also having a duplex ureter, but the duplex ureter joins before inserting normally into the bladder.

I have been told I could need a kidney transplant later on but this is highly dependant on a lot of factors including reflux scarring & if either kidneys starts to shut down or lose function.

For the ureter side of things, your son may not need any operations. It would depend on how the duplexing has occurred & if it still allows the passing of urine to the bladder normally. It could just mean watching for any reoccuring infections ie urinary tract infections (UTI's) and managing them as required. Over the years I have modified my diet alot & that has helped as I soon learnt what triggered off any infections or sickness related to this area.

I hope this has helped a little knowing there are others with this problem & it can be managed.
Let me know how you go or if I can answer any basic queries (as I am no doctor!).
till next time take care
kelly

DS March 06 & DS July 2008 & Due Feb 2010

Hi Kobe's mum I am sure u would be able to find a lot out about this medical condition on the net get on google and have a surf.

Mumma of 3.

Sign in to follow this topic