Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Travelling with newborns? Rss

Hi there,

I'm due in early February with my first child and was thinking of going on a holiday during Easter. By then my child will be about 2 months old. I haven't decided on a location - whether interstate within Australia or overseas. Is this a good idea? How is it like travelling with a young infant? Is this a wise move or should I ditch the idea of a holiday during this time?
I just thought I would need to plan ahead since most places book out over Easter but am I being too ambitious?

1st time Mum to Emily 7/2/06

I have a 12 week old and although we haven't gone on a holiday anywhere I think it really depends on the baby and how settled etc they are. I know my daughter doesn't like to sleep much etc so a holiday at 2 months would not have been a good idea because if she doesn't settle here then I doubt she would elsewhere. And when we came home from the hospital the first night she was awake from 7pm to 7am because of the change of environment. On the otherhand I know people who have taken their babies on holidays before 2 months and they have been fine.
Guess you just have to make a decision now and see how it goes then.

Sorry, not much help smile
HI
not long ago i returned from the gold coast (from melbourne) after going away for 5 nights, i took my then 6 week old and 2 year old.
my baby was great on the flight and the only problems i found was that she wouldn't stay asleep for very long in the pram (about 30 min at a time) and she wanted to feed all the time 1 1/2 - 2 hourly, i dont know wheather this was because it was alot warmer up there of if it was her comfort.
but all up i think she did really well.
my 2 year old was excellent.

Freaked2002, 3 girls 07/03 09/05 & 06/07

Sign in to follow this topic