Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. when will he start holding toys?

when will he start holding toys? Lock Rss

hi i have a 12 week old little man who is the love of my life. my daughter is 5 and for the life of me i cannot remember when she started holding things. Could anyone jolt my memory?.
i have tried to get him to hold a toy but he just laughs at me and drops it smile
i am going to buy him a baby gym some time this week. will this encourage him to reach and grab at things?
any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

hiya

Bennett is 13 weeks and I think it was thursday or friday last week he first held his rattle - we'd tried with a few others but this just seemed to be the right weight and size

so try a few other toys and make sure they are really light and have a nice thin bit for him to hold on to. and most importantly don't stress smile he'll hold them when he is ready smile

love steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

You have a good point there about size and weight i never really thought about that b4. he has a few teething rattles which are quite thick and heavy. but they have that rubber over them so i thought that he would be able to grib it better.
I know he'll hold them when he's ready to i'm just impatient smile i love seeing all the little milestones. He especially made my day when he 1st smiled and laughed at me.
He now greets me with a cheeky smile each time he wakes up smile
Motherhood is grand smile

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

yeah i love that little morning grin its so special and such a wonderful way to start each morning smile

our bubs are only 5 days apart smile

Sign in to follow this topic