Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

sudden fear of bath Lock Rss

hi just wondering if anyone has any ideas on why mu 11 wk baby girl has all of a sudden developed a serious fear of her bath.she always has a bath about the same time every day before a feed and bed shes always been in bed by about 6pm with no problems at all.last noight when went to put her in her baby bath she absoluely screamed i thought water must have been to hot and she burnt but it wasnt and so tried again and she was so scared.so just left it then tried again tonite she did the same thing so i just tried touching the water with her feet but she just screamed.she has always loved her baths loves to kick around in it always very happy.even if she a bit grizzly before bath she will be happy as once in the bath.i am beside myself with worry have no idea why she wld suddenly be like this.its part of our bedtime routine so i dont know wat to do now.when she screams its like a scream i ve never heard a real scary scream.please help

shell 4yr old & 16mth

Hi,

Does your baby have nappy rash - sometimes the water can really sting them if they do. Our baby girl (almost 10 months) went through a stage like that. I think when they are more aware of their surroundings it might frighten them. We gave our baby a shower with one of us for a little bit and then went back to the bath...

Hope it gets better
edwina

Edwina, 28 - Sydney. 16 month old girl

Sign in to follow this topic