Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

poohing Lock Rss

I would like to ask if anyone knows what could cause a 8 week old to suddenly stop poohing his nappy.
Up until now he had soiled every nappy, and now all of a sudden he has not poohed for 3 days. He doesn't have a belly ache and he is sleeping a lot more.
Has anyone got any advice?????

Gym junky and mum of four

Hi

Is he breast fed? A breast fed baby can go 10days without a soiled nappy and not be constipated because their body is using all f the nutrients. If he is frmula fed i woud ask a doctor

Tiddles, Vic, 3/1/2006 dd

can be normal but at the same time u need to make sure he isn't constipated .

Danni, WA,

FIt at 40 (Hope I can make this claim to fame when i hit the big 40) Quite normal for breast feed bubs, my Theo only poos once every 8-10 days, if he is bottle fed then check he isn't constipated (don't ask me how to do this though!!!!!!!!!!!!!). But was also a shock when DS went form pooing 2-3 times a day to once every 8 days! If bottle fed make sure:

You are mixing formula correctly.
If a new formula then maybe changing the brand.
A couple of teaspoons of boiled cool water is ok at 8 weeks.
A bend DS legs back every time I change his nappy to encourage pooing and I even ever so lightly open his anus a little to help (if he hasn't done one in a while), it doesn't hurt, he actually sees it as a message to give a big push now111(funny little bugger).

Let us know how you go.

Naomi
My DD had a mix of both BF abd formula, and always pooed every 3 to 4 days, right up until she started solids, then she went to a two a day pooer. Gee I miss the old days....!!!

Qld, mum to Madison, born 25/5/05

Sign in to follow this topic