Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Cradle Cap Rss

Hi,
Just wanted to ask if there is a way to prevent cradle cap from occuring. I'm pregnant to my second and now don't have too long to go. With my son I had the same problem but cannot remember what I did or why it happened. I heard that there are brushes that we should use after every bath any ideas??
With my first baby I tried the olive oil and then washing/rubbing it out, but it didn't work. I didn't fuss much about it and it came out on its own by about 6mths. With my second who is now 7mths old, I didn't try anything, the only thing I have done is washed her hair from about 3mths with GAIA baby shampoo every second/third day and it slowly went away, she now has none. You can give that a go, but I wouldn't really worry about it too much, cradle cap is normal and will go away on its own.
i was told to use just a soft baby brush, you can get them pretty much everywhere!!! Maybe just get into the habit of softly brushing bubs head morning and night and if any cradle cap begins to show pop some moisturiser on bubs head for a couple hours before bath time then wash it out.
My first child had it I used olc from nutrametics my next 2 children didn't get it but my forth one did & this time I used baby bedtime baby oil on him it worked

Hi,
Just wanted to ask if there is a way to prevent cradle cap from occuring. I'm pregnant to my second and now don't have too long to go. With my son I had the same problem but cannot remember what I did or why it happened. I heard that there are brushes that we should use after every bath any ideas??

Try dandruft shampoo

ellison30, Jessica 8 and patrick 4

I tried lightly rubbing it off, and creams etc but found that washing with GAIA shampoo with light brushing to get it off then just shampooing his hair regulary and it has never come back.
I put baby oil on my daughter's head at night time, even the bed time lavendar stuff. by morning her cradle cap seemed to be gone.
I agree with using GAIA baby shampoo - when ever our baby seems to get a trace of cradle cap - that seems to work a treat! Our first child had cradle cap quite badly and I remember a tea tree shampoo worked really well - you just have to be careful not to get it in their eyes
Hi Meros,

I agree with the oil.

I dont know if they make it anymore but I used a Huggies bedtime oil. Massaged it into her scalp I think for 2 nights and it was gone.

The nurse in hospital was harsh, scrubbing her head and she was screaming so I didnt want to do that.

Good luck. smile
My daughter has had a mild case of cradle cap and it has gotten better once we switched to MADE OF baby shampoo and wash. I think it helped reduce it and this brand is organic and all natural so I feel good about using their products.
Sign in to follow this topic